|YE Home||Student Info||Club Info||Contact Us||Videos|
It is the goal of the District 6150 Youth Exchange Program that no qualified student be denied the opportunity to participate for financial reasons.
In the Long Term Program students spend from August or September until June or July and attend high school in a foreign country. Long Term applicants are required to submit the names of three families willing to host a foreign student while the applicant is away. Please contact us if you have difficulty meeting this requirement.
Short Term Program students spend about a month in the summer living with a foreign host family. Most Short Term students participate in an exchange so that the son or daughter of the foreign host family also spends a month here with the Arkansas student’s family acting as hosts. Another alternative in the Short Term Program is summer sessions of a week or two operated by foreign Rotary Districts and Clubs. These sessions can focus on general culture education, or specific activities like mountain climbing, or sailing. Contact us for more information.
Forms referenced below can be found through the links under FORMS below. There is an exchange fee charged by Rotary District 6150 that is not covered by the basic Scholarship. If assistance is needed with this fee please submit an application for a Supplemental Scholarship in addition to those listed below for the Long Term or Short Term programs. Checks should be made payable to Rotary District 6150 Youth Exchange.
Applicants for the Long Term Program must submit:
- One copy (with original signatures) of a Long Term Application form
- A Host Families for Long Term Inbounds form
- A Country Preferences form
- A district interview fee of $250 is due at the time of district interviews, the first weekend in December.
The district exchange fee of $4450 may be paid in one lump sum or in monthly installments. All forms, except the Host Families for Long Term Inbounds form, should be submitted by the deadline. The Host Families form may be submitted later, but a student will not be placed after approval in the district interviews until the form is received. Delay in submitting the form can mean that the student cannot be placed in one of his or her preferred countries.
Applicants for the Short Term Program must submit:
- One copy (with original signatures) of a Short Term Application
- A Short Term Host Family Application (unless the application is for a summer "camp")
- A V-1 Volunteer Affidavit for each household member 18 or over (unless application is for a summer "camp")
- Country Preferences form
- $350 for the district exchange fee.
- Short Term Application
- Short Term Host Family Application - submit with student application
- Long Term Application
- Host Families for Long Term Inbounds required with Long Term applications
- V-1 Volunteer Affidavit
- Country Preferences (submit with Short or Long Term application)
- Supplemental Scholarship Application (optional, submit with Short or Long Term application)
Note: You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader® software to read the application forms which are in PDF format.
- Note application deadlines are November 1 for a year abroad for the following school year and January 31 for a summer abroad.
- Make one copy of all forms for your records.
- Give the original completed forms with original signatures to a Rotary club member.
- Rotary club members will interview student applicants and parents and submit their recommendation to Rotary District 6150.
- District 6150 will conduct additional interviews.
November 1, 2017
Long Term Applications due
November 15, 2017
Club recommendation on LT applicants due to district
December 2-3, 2017
District Interviews LT Applicants
January 31, 2018
Short Term Applications due
February 15, 2018
Club recommendation on ST applicants due to District
March ?, 2018
May 20, 2017
Rotary District 6150 Conference
June 28-July 2, 2017
Outbound camp for LT applicants
John Brown Univ, Siloam Springs, AR
Short Term 1 month Abroad
Long Terms leave for year abroad
Long Terms return